FIREFIGHTERS were called after a fridge caught fire in a ground floor flat.

The blaze broke out in Mary Street in Taunton, on Saturday June 1, where crews from Wellington joined colleagues responding from Bridgwater and Taunton.

Four fire engines responded to the incident, which fire fighters believe was an “accidental ignition.”

A spokesperson for the fire service said jets were used to extinguish the fire before the fridge was removed from the property, 20 per cent of which was damaged by smoke.