Three fire stations raced to tackle an accidental fire started by a tumble dryer on Monday evening.

Wellington fire fighters were joined by colleagues from Tiverton and Collumpton as they responded to a blaze in Hemyock.

At around 7pm fire controlled received a 999 call reporting that a garage attached to a house was on fire.

Crews were deployed to the scene where they battled the electrical blaze with a foam jet and National grid isolated power to the property.

In all the fire fighters used two hose reel jets, a main jet, a safety jet and a foam jet to extinguish the fire.

Fire fighters on the scene carried out an investigation where they found the fire had been caused accidentally by the tumble dryer.

The garage was severely damaged as a result of the incident.